Tamarind, also known as Indian Dates, is a source of healing. Sometimes we need additional supplements for our health, for those who do not want to use chemicals in such cases, our country is almost a paradise of beneficial foods. It is known that the homeland of tamarind, which grows in Southern Anatolia and Mediterranean regions in our country, is Abyssinia. It is useful to use tamarind, which is a vitamin store, carefully and sufficiently.
Tamarind is a fruit that grows on trees. It resembles carob in shape. Besides being eaten fresh, tamarind can be dried or made into jam.
Benefits of Tamarind
- Tamarind shows a natural pain reliever effect. It relieves many bone pains, especially joint pains.
- Tamarind facilitates digestion, is good for digestive problems.
- Thanks to the vitamins and minerals it contains, it is very effective against colds, flu, colds and seasonal allergic reactions with its antioxidant feature.
- Tamarind oil is a very good and natural solution for skin blemishes. (However, before applying tamarind to your skin, it is useful to consult your doctor.
- Tamarind is very good for iron deficiency and anemia.
- When you gargle with tamarind tea, it relieves sore throats.
- Tamarind softens the intestines and relieves the problem of constipation.
- Tamarind is a very powerful antioxidant and prevents cells from being damaged by fighting free radicals.
- The juice of this fruit is used in eye diseases.
How to Consume Tamarind?
- Due to the very sour taste of tamarind fruit, it is known that it is sometimes sprinkled with granulated sugar and eaten.
- It can be consumed by making sherbet or tea.
- It is also very useful in making jam or paste and eating it.
Making Tamarind Sherbet
- 500 g tamarind (Shopped and soaked in water for 1 night)
- 1/2 lemon (Sliced)
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 2 ginger roots
- 5 cloves
- 5 cardamom
- 8 tablespoons of honey
- 5 liters of water
- Take tamarind in a saucepan, add water and bring to a boil. When it starts to boil well, add the cloves, cardamom, ginger, cinnamon stick and lemon, mix and boil for 5 more minutes.
- When the mixture reaches each other, take it off the stove and let it cool.
- When the temperature of the syrup drops to 70 degrees, add the honey and let it rest for 8 hours.
- Serve cold with ice.