We have searched for you the most curious about honey, which has incredible benefits for the human body. Honey, which is the miracle that bees leave to nature, is natural sugar. It meets the body’s need for sugar. In addition, it provides many benefits from the upper respiratory tract to the skin. However, honey rarely causes poisoning. What are the benefits of honey? How many types of honey are there?
Bees turn the buds they collect from flowers into honey, thanks to the enzyme invertase in their stomachs. The taste, color and smell of the honey they leave in the hives they make changes according to the buds of the flowers they collect. For 1 kilo of honey, 900 thousand bees work for one day. Unless it is exposed to an extraordinary effect such as humidity, sunlight, boiling, honey that does not spoil is not affected by time. Studies have found enzymes such as amylase, nicotine, invertase, catalase, oxidase, and phosphatase. It also contains thiamine, riboflavin, ascorbic acid, pyridoxine, pantothenic acid, niacin and small amounts of biotin, folic acid. In addition to enzymes and vitamins, potassium, chlorine, sulfur, calcium, sodium, phosphorus, magnesium, silicon, iron, manganese and copper Honey, which is rich in nutrients, is very beneficial for human health. Since sugar in honey takes a long time to mix with the blood, some experts recommend consuming a spoonful of honey with half a glass of water every day.
NOTE: Experts state that honey provides benefits for a maximum of one year. Therefore, he underlined that it is correct to consume honey within a year in order to benefit from its vitamin values.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF HONEY?
- When the sugar in it is softened with water and consumed, it mixes quickly with the blood. Experts recommend it especially for people with iron deficiency. Since honey mixes with the blood more quickly with this mixture, it increases the rate of cells in the blood. In this way, it provides the person with energy throughout the day. In addition to preventing anemia, it is also good for stress, depression and fatigue.
- Honey water, which is a miracle for digestion, cleans the stomach and prevents the accumulation of toxins in the intestines. In this way, it prevents discomfort such as constipation or diarrhea. It prevents fluid imbalance in the body by working the kidneys and glands.
- Drinking water with honey in the morning reduces your desire to consume junk food throughout the day. It is beneficial for those who want to lose weight by increasing the holding time. Honey water also controls sugar signals in the brain.
- Studies have shown that water with honey prevents health problems such as calcification or inflammation in the joints and bones. In addition, it reduces the severity of the pain experienced.
- Honey water, which is effective in lowering bad cholesterol, prevents heart diseases and blood circulation problems by preventing clogged arteries. Experts recommend that this mixture should be consumed regularly.
- Honey, which has antibacterial and antibiotic properties, strengthens the immune system by removing bad free radicals in the immune system when the sugar is alleviated with water.
- It provides 40 percent of the vitamins and minerals that the body needs daily. In this way, it increases the resistance and protects the skin health. It renews the deformities that the body is exposed to in a short time. It prevents premature wear and ensures healthier functioning of the nerves in the skin.
- It prevents respiratory ailments such as bronchitis, asthma and dry cough. With its antibiotic effect, it removes the inflammations accumulated here through the urinary tract.
HOW MANY TYPES OF HONEY ARE THERE AND WHICH IS THE MOST USEFUL?
PLANT VARIOUS HONEY
This dark colored honey has special production areas. It is less sugary than other honeys. The bees that make chestnut honey, which has a unique smell, also ensure that the seeds are spread to nature for the continuation of the chestnut generation. It’s a pretty solid calf. It is found in chestnut trees.
Pine honey, which is published in our country, is the most special production in nature. It is the only honey made without pollen. Bees take the liquid secreted by some insects in the pine trees and fill it in their honeycombs. This situation between two animals is not found anywhere other than Turkey and Greece. Adhesive ratio is very high.
It is found in honeycombs in areas close to sunflower fields, which are common in our Thrace region. This honey, which can be sugared very quickly, is the cheapest type of honey.
It produces bees that land on lemon, tangerine and orange flowers. It has a distinctive aromatic odor. It is known as Mediterranean honey in our country. This honey, which immediately slides in the mouth, is especially used in cakes made with natural sugar.
It is the highest altitude calf. It is one of the special honey obtained by the bees that collect the pollen of the thyme, which grows in the highlands and where it is almost untouched by people. It is used as a natural remedy for intestinal and stomach disorders. It has a unique smell.
Special facilities have been established to produce this honey. The bees released to the lavender growing in June fill the hives near the field with the pollen they take from this flower. It is a very valuable calf. In the meantime, the bees make an ecological cycle for the lavender to grow again.
It is found where linden trees are common. The bees that fill the hives placed in the spring are harvested in the fall. It is a natural remedy for many diseases. Its smell and taste are quite different.
It is the type of honey that is produced by the enzymes of pollen collected from many flowers at the same time. Where there are chestnut trees, this honey is not available. Because bees prefer chestnut before flowers.
HONEY BY REGION
The most useful is the calf. It is produced from thousands of flower varieties in Rize. It is honey that increases the energy rate rapidly when mixed with the body. Athletes often consume it. It renews the nerve cells, protects the brain health, and prevents especially the old age forgetfulness disease.
HONEYCOMB AND EXTRACTED HONEY
They are honeycombs taken from inside the hive. Honey that is consumed together without removing the honey from the comb is called comb honey. On the contrary, the honey that is filtered through the honeycomb is called filtering. It depends on the consumption preference.
It is the oldest form of honey production. In other words, it is the shape in which bees fill the honeycombs they have created. Since the liquid they secrete is dark in color, it is called karakovan. It is the most useful honey after Anzer.
IS IT EFFECTIVE IN CANCER TREATMENT?
100 grams of honey consists of approximately 16 grams of water, 81 grams of carbohydrates and 0.4 grams of protein. The basis of honey consists of carbohydrates rather than sugar. This provides the energy that the body needs daily. Honey, which is a natural sugar, does not increase the sugar rate in the blood like processed sugar when it is added to foods and beverages, and it does not cause weight gain. Honey water, which is effective in cleaning the lungs, which are especially damaged due to substances such as cigarettes and alcohol, also removes the health problems that lead to cancer diseases by purifying the body from harmful cells.