Freckles have become a popular beauty trend in recent years. No doubt – because sun sprouts give our face a summery freshness and youth. But if you don’t naturally have freckles, so-called fake freckles are especially popular this year. Just draw a few sprouts on your face. You can either use freckled pencils or ballpoint pens, or you can buy a waterproof eyebrow pencil. The henna method, in which freckles remain on your face for up to two weeks, is particularly popular.
How to get freckles on your face with henna
It takes good preparation, the right products and a very important technique to not look like Sams afterward and enjoy a sun-kissed and natural result.
1. First clean your face with wash lotion or gel and then apply moisturizing cream or some face oil.
2. Use natural henna. Products with artificial coloring are very dense and therefore not suitable for freckles. It is best to use a red-brown henna, especially close to the color of natural shoots.
Tip: If you have sensitive skin or are unsure how well your skin tolerates henna, you should first test the henna on a small area of skin and see how your skin reacts to it.
3. Since henna is usually sold in a cone-shaped package, you can easily cut the tip to apply the color. Alternatively, you can apply henna with a very thin brush.
4. Apply henna generously to cheeks and nose. Change the size and spacing of the steps to look as natural as possible. Freckles should also not be arranged too accurately. Put a few freckles on your forehead or chin which further accentuates the natural look.
5. Color should be for at least two hours, or even better: overnight. Therefore, it is best to apply your freckles before going to bed. Then carefully scrape off the dried residue and do not wash it with water.
Important: You have to wait and see as the henna will darken after a few hours. The color reaches its full intensity after 24 hours at the latest.