Brussels salad may not appeal to everyone’s taste. This is where apricots and pine nuts come into play. This salad, which combines low calories and is very rich in protein, will keep you full and vigorous all day long.
Ingredients (for 4 servings)
- 400 grams Brussels sprouts
- 1 red onion
- 150 g dried apricots
- 3 tablespoons of herbal vinegar
- 4 tablespoons of canola oil
- pepper from the grinder
- 3 tablespoons of pine nuts
- Clean and wash the Brussels sprouts. Remove about 2 handfuls of outer leaves one by one. Cook the remaining flowers in boiling salted water for about 10 minutes, until they are tender but still slightly scalding. Finally, add the separated leaves and cook for 30 seconds. Pour everything into a colander, rinse with cold water and drain. Cut the flowers in half.
- Peel the onion, cut it in half and cut into strips. Grate the apricots. Mix vinegar, oil, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add the Brussels sprouts and apricots, mix well and let stand.
- Meanwhile, roast the pine nuts in a pan without oil. Arrange the salad on plates and sprinkle with roasted pine nuts.
Crispy vegetables with tomato sauce
If you only think of boring herbal food when you think of a vegan diet, this recipe may change your mind. You will love this recipe, which adds crunchiness to vegetables.
- 100 g peas (frozen)
- 400 grams of tomatoes
- 1 apple
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 300 grams of broccoli
- 200 grams cauliflower
- 300 grams of carrots
- 100 grams of oatmeal
- 4 tablespoons of soy flour
- 2 tablespoons of starch
- Salt, pepper from the mill
- Coconut, freshly grated
- 60 g bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons of canola oil
- Defrost the peas in a colander for 20 minutes. Wash, clean and quarter the tomatoes. Wash the apple, quarter it and remove the core. Thoroughly puree the tomatoes and apple in a blender, put them in a saucepan with the tomato paste and bring to a boil. Cook the tomato sauce, stirring occasionally, over low to medium heat for 25 minutes, salt.
- Separate broccoli and cauliflower into inflorescences. Peel the carrots and chop finely. Blend with peas and carrots until medium fine, do not puree. Combine the oat flakes, soy flour, starch, 1 teaspoon salt, 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, and 2 pinches of nutmeg until you have a homogeneous, solid mass. Add some starch if needed.
- Take tablespoon-sized pieces of the vegetable mixture and turn them into nuggets. Roll the meatballs in breadcrumbs and place on a plate. Heat the oil in a covered pan. Place the meatballs in the skillet and fry for about 3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Remove, grease on paper, arrange on plates and serve with tomato sauce.
For a quick and light breakfast, you should definitely try this amazing smoothie that will cool you down.
Ingredients (For 2 Servings)
- 250 g blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 sprig of mint
- 400 ml almond drink
- 1 tablespoon ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Wash the blueberries, drain well and separate. Thaw frozen blueberries. Wash the mint, dry it and tear off the leaves.
- Put the strawberries in the blender with the remaining ingredients and 3-4 ice cubes, puree them well. To serve, pour the drink into glasses.