Ingredients for the Portuguese Steak Recipe
- 4 pieces of beef tenderloin (220 g each)
- 8 slices of bacon
- 50 g red blueberries
- 100 ml olive oil
- 5 cloves of garlic (Crushed)
- 6 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 120 ml red wine
- 50 ml of white wine vinegar
- 100 g butter
- 100 g of rock salt
- 20 g black pepper (freshly ground)
How to Make Portuguese Steak?
- Salt both sides of the steaks.
- Put olive oil, garlic and bay leaves in the pan and put it on the stove. When the pan is hot, fry the bacon slices on both sides and transfer the bacon to a plate.
- Fry both sides of the steaks for 1.5 minutes with the remaining bacon fat in the pan and add the black pepper.
- Put the steaks on separate plates.
- Add the red wine, mustard and red blueberries to the sauce remaining in the pan and mix well. Then add the butter to the pan and wait for it to melt. Add the vinegar last and remove the pan from the stove.
- Top each steak with a slice of bacon and drizzle the sauce over it and serve.