Ingredients for Mandarin Mini Pavlova Recipe
- 75 g orange flavored chocolate
- 4 large egg whites
- pinch of salt
- 225 g powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon of cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon of white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the above
- 300 ml cream
- 10-15 raspberries
- 2 tangerines (peeled and sliced)
- Juice and grated peel of 2 tangerines
How to Make Mandarin Mini Pavlovas
- Break the orange-flavored chocolate into a small bowl. Place the bowl on top of a saucepan with slightly boiling water, with the bottom not touching the water. Stir until the chocolate is completely melted and set aside.
- Put the egg whites and a pinch of salt in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer until soft peaks form.
- Separate 2 teaspoons of the granulated sugar and add the remaining sugar little by little to the egg whites. Whisk well during each addition so that the sugar dissolves and the egg whites reach a solid consistency. Sift the cornmeal over it and mix it with a spatula by folding it slowly from bottom to top.
- Mix the sugar you separated with the vinegar and vanilla extract, add it to the meringue and mix gently for the last time.
- Line the baking tray with greaseproof paper and fix the corners of the paper so that it does not slip. Take a tablespoon of the mixture and place them on the tray at intervals. Drizzle some melted chocolate over each with a teaspoon and gently stir the chocolate over the meringue. Do this for all the meringues.
- Take another spoonful of meringue and add it on top of each meringue. Drizzle some more chocolate and shape them by making a hole in the middle with the help of a spoon.
- Bake in a preheated 190 degree oven for 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to 110 degrees and cook for 45 minutes and remove the pavlova. Remove from the tray and cool on the wire rack. After it comes to room temperature, put it in the refrigerator until it cools completely.
- To decorate it, put the tangerine slices, raspberries, granulated sugar, tangerine zest and juice together in a saucepan. Stir gently until the sugar dissolves, cook the tangerines and raspberries lightly and remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- To decorate it, beat the cream with a mixer until it has a solid consistency and spread it on the pavlovas. Place tangerine slices and raspberries on top of the cream. Serve after sprinkling with grated chocolate.