Ingredients for Latte Cake Recipe
For sponge cake;
- 5 egg yolks
- 120 g sugar
- 180 g flour
- 5 g vanillin
- 6 tablespoons of water
- 1 teaspoon of granulated coffee
- 5 egg whites
- 70 g sugar
For the cream;
- 900ml milk
- 100 ml of water
- 100 grams of sugar
- 60 gr flour
- 25 g starch
- 2 egg yolks
- 5 g vanillin
- 1 tablespoon of granulated coffee
- 10 g butter
For the above;
- 200 grams of white chocolate
- 20 ml cream
- 70 grams dark chocolate
- cracked nuts
- For intermediate layers;
- Coffee dissolved in 1 glass of milk
How to Make Latte Cake
- The egg whites are started to be whisked in a bowl, and 70 g of sugar is added on the one hand.
- After the egg white swells and turns into a white foam, it is ready.
- Whisk the egg yolks with 120 g of sugar until they lighten in color and increase in volume.
- Add flour and vanilla. Whisk until lightly mixed.
- Granular coffee is dissolved in water and added, whisking is continued.
- Slowly add the egg white to the egg yolk with the help of a spatula.
- It is mixed gently without destroying its volume.
- The prepared sponge cake is poured onto a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper and baked at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Cream milk and vanilla are taken to the stove and boiled.
- Whisk eggs, flour, starch, sugar, coffee and water in a bowl.
- Boiling milk is slowly added to this mixture, its temperatures are balanced, all the ingredients are taken back to the stove and cooked until it thickens.
- Butter is added to the thickened cream and left to cool.
- For the topping, the chocolates are melted in a bain-marie. Cream is added to the white chocolate and whipped.
- The cake is cut into squares and moistened with the coffee mixture.
- Cream is poured over it and a second cake is covered. White chocolate is poured over the prepared cake and it is covered. The edges are covered with hazelnuts. It is shaped by pouring dark chocolate on it.
- The cake is served after resting. Enjoy your meal.
What are the Tips for Latte Cake Recipe?
- White chocolate is very delicate, melt it by paying attention to its temperature and stirring.
- The cake will taste better if it waits for a day.
- Make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature while making the cake.