One of the great things about gelatin is that it really sticks to the hair, potentially strengthening it and making it super shiny. The good thing about the gelatin hair mask recipes below is that they are all natural and you know exactly what you are applying to your hair. These gelatin hair mask recipes will make your hair shiny and strong.
Gelatin Hair Mask Recipe
This is a super simple gelatin hair mask. If you have very long or very thick hair, you can double it up with this recipe.
- Half a pack of powdered gelatin or 2 tablespoons of powdered gelatin
- 2 tablespoons of milk or water
- 2 tablespoons conditioner (skip this if you have oily hair)
Microwave the milk or use hot water. Then whisk the Gelatin in a bowl. Let it sit for 15 minutes. If you are going to use conditioner, add it and whisk. The mixture should be like a thick gel.
How to Apply Gelatin Mask to Hair?
- While your hair is wet, apply the mask by hand by combing it from root to tip. (no need to shampoo the hair, you will do it eventually)
- If the paste is too thick, add more milk or water.
- Wrap it with a hair cap first, then a towel. (some women prefer to just wrap their hair in a towel).
- Let the hair dry for 30-40 minutes.
- Rinse the hair in the shower and then use it with a shampoo.
Organic Gelatin Hair Mask
This mask is organic and gorgeous. A wonderful organic gelatin mask with bovine gelatin, apple cider vinegar and super moisturizing honey.
1 tablespoon of powdered gelatin
1 teaspoon organic apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon of organic honey
1/3 cup of water
1 teaspoon mashed avocado (for dry hair)
Heat the water in the microwave until it evaporates, but do not boil it. Add the honey and apple cider vinegar and then gently whisk the gelatin and avocado.
How to use Homemade Gelatin Hair?
- Apply the mixture to shampooed hair.
- Comb the gelatin mask to evenly distribute it throughout your hair.
- Then wrap your hair in a shower cap or warm towel.
- Leave the mask on the hair for 15-30 minutes.
- Rinse and apply with conditioner.