Ingredients for Fresh Potato Salad with Pesto Sauce
- 1 kg of fresh potatoes
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 45 g pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons of powdered parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 clove of garlic
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 heaped tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of lemon zest
- Black pepper
For the above
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts (roasted)
- basil leaves
How to Make Fresh Potato Salad with Pesto Sauce?
- After dividing the potatoes into two or three according to their size, boil them in a pot of salted boiling water for 20-25 minutes until soft.
- While the potatoes are boiling, prepare the pesto sauce. In a food processor, add the basil, pine nuts, lemon, garlic, and salt.
- Stir until the pine nuts are cracked and the basil is finely chopped. Add the olive oil, pouring slowly until it is smooth and turns into a sauce.
- After the potatoes are boiled, drain the water and run them under cold water to cool.
- Put the potatoes in a large bowl and top with the pesto, mayonnaise, lemon zest and a generous amount of ground black pepper. Sprinkle with roasted pine nuts, extra basil and black pepper and serve immediately.