Ingredients for Puff Pastry with Custard
- 10 square puff pastry
For the custard
- 3 cups of milk
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 1.5 teaspoons of granulated sugar
For the above
- Powdered sugar
- Finely Chopped Pistachios
How to Make Puff Pastry with Custard?
- For the pudding; Take milk, flour, egg yolk, cornstarch and granulated sugar in a saucepan and cook, stirring constantly, until it reaches a thick consistency. When it starts to boil, take it off the heat and let it cool.
- Cut each of the puff pastry dough into four small squares. Place on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- Bake in a preheated 180 degree oven until lightly browned. Put the pudding you prepared on 20 of the puff pastry squares you cooked with the help of a spoon and cover with another puff pastry.
- Prepare all the puff pastries in the same way and place them on the serving plate. You can decorate it by sprinkling powdered sugar and finely ground pistachios.
- Especially on summer days, you can serve your dessert with pear compote, which goes well with puff pastry with pudding. Enjoy your meal.
What are the tricks of puff pastry with pudding?
- While cooking the pudding in your pot, make sure that there are no lumps. If there is agglomeration, you can mix it with a mixer and make it disperse.
- You can increase the flavor by adding butter to the pudding that is close to getting it from the stove.
- Before you start cooking, keep some milk and starch aside. When the remaining mixture starts to cook, add the starchy milk you have reserved into the pudding.
- To intensify the consistency of the pudding, you can add one egg yolk that is close to cooking.
- If the consistency of the pudding is watery, add some starch and milk. If you have a thick consistency, you can open it by adding milk only.
- Check the puff pastry you put in the oven frequently, you can leave it to cool because it is crispy.
- If you want thinner puff pastry, you can cook your puff pastry by putting greaseproof paper and a tray on the top while cooking. The puff pastry you cook in this way will be more crispy and thin.
- You can combine them just before serving so that the puff pastries do not soften.
- You can serve it by adding banana, strawberry, pear or peach according to the season.
How Many Calories Are in 1 Portion of Puff Pastry with Custard?
- A 150 gram portion of puff pastry with pudding is about 400 calories. This recipe, which you can easily prepare at home, can be combined with intense aromas. It is recommended that those who are under weight control consume it in moderation.