Ingredients for Chocolate Apricot Cookie Recipe
- 2.5 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups butter or margarine (Soft)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of almonds
- 1 cup dried apricots (chopped)
- 200 g chocolate chips
How To Make Chocolate Apricot Cookies?
- In a large bowl, mix together the powdered sugar, butter, vanilla, almond extract, and egg. Mix remaining ingredients except dark chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Take equal sized pieces from the cooled dough with an ice cream scoop and arrange them on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- Bake in a preheated 190 degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until the edges are light golden brown. Take them out of the oven and place them on the wire rack to let them cool.
- Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie. Mix until completely melted and dip the cooled cookies halfway into the chocolate and place on wax paper and leave for at least 2 hours for the chocolate to completely set.
- Store these cookies, which children will love, in a tightly closed container and at room temperature.