What do Marilyn Monroe, Beyoncé and Jennifer Lopez have in common? All three celebrities are known for their gorgeous, feminine hourglass figures. The hourglass type, or type X, is characterized by a bushy chest, a narrow waist, curved hips, and shapely legs. The hourglass figure is the epitome of femininity and currently a popular beauty ideal.
3 exercises for a female hourglass figure
Are you more of the pear or apple type? With the necessary discipline and the right training, you can develop beautiful curves and be much closer to popular hourglass proportions.
Below are the exercises that should not be missing in your training plan:
What should not be missing in an hourglass figure? A neat bottom! And the best way to get it in shape is squats.
- They stand shoulder-width apart. Your back is straight. You can clasp your hands behind your head or cross them in front of your chest.
- Move your ass right. It’s like sitting in a chair.
- Your toes should not go over your toes as you go down.
- Squeeze your hips and push your hips forward as you go up.
10 reps, 3 sets
For a slim waist, focus on abdominal exercises that focus on your obliques to create an hourglass effect. Therefore, side shuttles should not be missing.
- You are in reserve on a mat. Legs are set.
- Now bend your bent knee to the right side.
- Your hips are slightly inward, and your left side abs are pointing to the ceiling. Your shoulders should be in contact with the ground.
- Clasp your hands loosely behind your head and straighten your torso. Your shoulders should be high off the ground and your head should be held directly towards your spine.
- Hold briefly at the highest point, then lower your upper body again in a controlled downward motion.
10 reps, 3 sets
3. Lateral forearm support for a streamlined silhouette
For a thin waist and shapely hips, this exercise should definitely not be missing from your training plan. The lateral forearm support also works the lateral abs and visibly shapes your silhouette.
- Lie on your right side. Support yourself on your right forearm, keeping your arm under your shoulder. Feet are placed and legs are stretched. Press into the floor with your arms and feet to lift your pelvis and straighten your body in the air.
- Your body forms a straight line from head to waist and feet.
Hold for 30 seconds, then turn to the other side
Diet is also important in the hourglass figure
If you’re getting beautiful, feminine curves by building muscle, you should also pay attention to your diet. Eat as much healthy, unprocessed foods as possible, such as fruits and vegetables, and rely on high-quality carbohydrates and proteins, such as fatty fish, eggs, legumes, oatmeal, and nuts. On the other hand, too much sugar, alcohol, and simple carbohydrates are detrimental to your well-being.
Tip: You can transform yourself into an hourglass figure, even with the right clothes. Tight pencil skirts, high-waisted jeans and tailored-fit dresses accentuate a tight midpoint and show your hips perfectly.